Complementary Care Program
Integrating clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, and lifestyle strategies with conventional treatments in the management of breast cancer
The Naturopathic Physicians at A Woman’s Time are available to provide a unique service to the breast cancer survivor. Trained in science based natural medicine therapies, as well as working with conventional breast cancer treatment interventions, our comprehensive approach includes:
- Decision-making regarding conventional treatment recommendations
- Safety and efficacy of anti-oxidants with chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Safety and efficacy issues regarding soy and other phytoestrogens
- Nutritional counseling and issues related to decreasing risk of recurrence: Dietary fats, soy, fiber, vegetables, fruits, olive oil, alcohol, nuts, seeds, dairy
Nutritional and botanical supplementation to:
- Reduce side effects
- Enhance the immune response
- Enhance the effectiveness of conventional treatments
- Optimize healing pre and post surgery
- Individualized treatment plans based on natural medicine using the latest scientific evidence in the prevention and management of breast cancers. These include: Vitamin C, D, Carotenoids, CoQ10, Melatonin, Calcium D Glucarate, Indoles, Modified citrus pectin, Green tea extract, Hoxsey-like formula, and more.
NATURAL MEDICINE THERAPEUTICS
- Dietary counseling
- Clinical nutrition
- Exercise Therapeutics
MENOPAUSE OPTIONS FOR THE BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR
Relief of menopause symptoms with natural products:
Black Cohosh, Red Clover, Bioflavonoids, Ginkgo, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E, phosphatidyl serine, intravaginal natural estriol
Nutritional Counseling and Weight Management
Organic, whole foods, legumes, fish, flax seeds, soy, green tea, fruits and vegetables, low fat, good fats
Osteoporosis and Heart Disease Prevention/Management
- Exercise programs
- Osteoporosis and heart disease prevention diets
- Therapeutic nutrients: Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D. Boron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin K, Ipriflavone, Vitamin E, CoQ10, Garlic, Red Yeast Rice, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Hawthorne, and more
Naturopathic Physicians working concurrently with
- Radiation Oncologists
- Massage Therapists
…in a truly comprehensive, integrative approach to support you and your medical concerns.
Part of the success of an integrative model of health care is a strong network of close working relationships with practitioners of all disciplines. The physicians at A Woman’s Time have a special and unique reputation in the medical community as being practitioners who respect all disciplines and the expertise that each has to offer.
We are able to work closely with your other practitioners on your behalf, and enjoy a robust referral network to and from all practitioners.